Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our Zoboomafoo

Uncle Barry & Aunt Jenni gave us a membership to the zoo for Christmas and we have been looking forward to taking our monkeys there!  We finally had some nice weather last week, so we went to the zoo with William's friend, Riley.  William was curious and took his time watching all of the animals.  William likes the show "Zoboomafoo" on PBS and I was surprised at how much he knew about the animals.  Lauren wasted no time talking to all of them.  She cackled most of the time and kept me laughing.  
Talking to the monkey.
Alligators
William & Riley
Black Jaguar
Spectacled Bears
Zoo experts...Biology majors...What is this?  There was no sign. 
William said, "I think it's a Pappotamus."
It was about 2/3 the size of a hippo, but definitely not a hippo.
Bison
Dik-Diks
These were my favorites!  William said, "I monkey around like them."
I would most definitely agree.
Riley & William watching the otters.  These were William's favorite.

If you don't like snakes, close your eyes.  William wanted me to take pictures of them. 
He loves to look at the pictures on our blog.  So, here they are. Just reminds me of a hiking trip to Oak Mountain with Uncle Chad.  A snake was between us on the trail.....I. could. not. move. Ugghhhh.......

Nicole & Ian
Giraffe
Baby Black Rhino
Lauren's favorite.  Flamingos.
Thanks Uncle B & Aunt Jenni!  We had fun hanging out with the monkeys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer! L's soooo cute!!!! She's so big now. And of course W is too! I want to see you guys so badly! Can't wait for your upcoming visit, but I still haven't given up on coming to visit y'all!