Friday, September 11, 2009

William's First Day!

William started preschool today! We cannot count how many times he has asked, "Is my school open yet?" William has been so excited at the very thought of school. I guess this should make us feel a little sad, but he has been looking forward to meeting friends in Baton Rouge. So, we have been counting down to this special day! He told us he needed a "jack-pack" like Jackson, and crayons, glue and paint. This morning, we realized he thought his cousins would be at his school, too! (We ARE always saying, "They are at school...") William was so disappointed, but he got it together on the way!
When he climbed in the car after school, he literally talked the whole way home. They sang "Jesus Loves Me," made handprint art, ate goldfish & pretzels, and went to the little church, too. When I asked him if he had fun, he said, "I like my school. My buddies are there." Happy tears for this Mom!


William was so excited to see Thomas at his school!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precicus!!! I am so glad he is getting to meet some new friends and you too! So cute that he is playing with his "jack-pack" still on. I can't wait to show the boys the pictures. Enjoy William talking on the way home from school and sharing what he has done for the day. I still enjoy hearing about my boys day and they still enjoy sharing...even as they grow...
Lauren's hair is growing! She looks so big in these pictures. We can't wait to see ya'll...miss you and love ya'll bunches!!!!

Aunt April said...

Guess you realized this was from Aunt April...ha..ha...

Ash Hope said...

Aw, I love looking at these pics! :) Both of them (William and Lauren) are so precious. I can't believe William's in school already...it's so weird to think that I met y'all when he had just turned ONE!
Love!

Anna said...

How sweet! I can't believe how big both of them have gotten since you left! We miss you all so much, but I'm thrilled to see you settling into your new home. Come see us soon!

Joanna said...

Yay for William! It was so good to see you yesterday, Jennifer. Next time, I would love to have you and the kids over to play when you come stay for a few days! So happy to know you guys are settling in :)

joanna

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up they both are now! I haven't been on here in a while and tears literally came to my eyes when I realized what a big boy William has become. He's supposed to be way to young to be heading off to school! Please tell William that I love and miss him. And I know that Lauren doesn't really know me but I miss her too! :-)
~Margaret